CONTACT INFORMATION FOR ESA
(within Australia) 03 92079600
(outside Australia) 61 3 92079600;
- Post: Post Office Box 177, Carlton South, Victoria, Australia 3053; or
- Email: email@example.com.
ESA will do its best to address and resolve any issues you raise. If you are not satisfied with ESA’s response you may take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
“information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.”
HANDLING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
In general, ESA collects personal information about you directly from you or from your authorized representative. There are various ways in which ESA collects personal information from you or your authorized representatives such as when you:
- make an inquiry or contact ESA;
- attend an event provided by ESA;
- sign up to receive information from ESA;
- subscribe to an ESA publication;
- participate in a service provided by ESA (for example register to use a website);
- purchase a product or service from ESA;
- apply for or accept employment from ESA; or
- when you offer to provide or provide services to ESA.
Sometimes ESA collects personal information from a third party or a publicly available source, but only if you have consented to such collection or would reasonably expect ESA to collect your personal information in this way.
The personal information that ESA collects may include your name, job title, work location, postal address, email address, telephone number, and if you pay for a product by credit card, your credit card details (for secure and approved transaction purposes only).
If you register for Scootle Community, you may choose to provide your social media username, date of birth, profile photo, work details and skills and qualifications. If you are part of the Trans-Border Attendance Strategy, ESA may collect your name, address, parent/guardian contact details, school enrolments, and personal education plans.
ESA only collects personal information where that information is necessary for any of the following primary purposes:
- fulfilling ESA’s role to support delivery of national education priorities and initiatives in the schools, training and Higher Education sectors;
- advancing ESA’s key nationally-agreed and commissioned education initiatives, programs and projects in line with national education initiatives;
- creating, publishing, disseminating and marketing curriculum and assessment materials, ICT based solutions, products and services to support learning, teaching, leadership and administration;
- acting as the legal entity for the COAG Education Council; and
- recruiting staff and engaging contractors.
Log Information (browsing)
When you visit this website the ESA server makes a record of your visit and logs information such as your server address, your top level domain name (for example .com; .gov; .au; .net; .edu; etc.), the time and date of your visit to the website, the pages and documents you have accessed or viewed, previous sites visited, browser type and language, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
Google Inc. uses this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the Website, compiling reports on website activity for ESA and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google Inc. may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google Inc’s behalf. Google Inc. will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google Inc.
USE OR DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information will:
- only be used for the stated purpose for which it was provided; and
- not be disclosed to a third party without your consent unless otherwise authorised or required by law or to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to your life or health or that of another person.
Where ESA receives unsolicited personal information, (information that it did not request), for example, you send a résumé without responding to a specific job advertisement, ESA will satisfy itself that it is authorised to collect this personal information. If it is not authorised to collect such personal information, ESA will either destroy the document containing the personal information or de-identify it. If ESA is authorised to collect such personal information, ESA’s obligations with respect to the personal information are the same as if ESA had collected the information itself.
When giving consent you should be aware that personal information published on an ESA website is accessible by multiple users from all over the world, that it may be indexed by search engines and that it may be copied and used by any web user. This means that, once personal information is published by you on an ESA website, ESA will have no control over its subsequent use and disclosure.
USE OR DISCLOSURE FOR A SECONDARY PURPOSE
If ESA holds personal information that was collected for a particular purpose (primary purpose), ESA will not use or disclose it for another purpose (secondary purpose) unless:
- you consent to that secondary use or disclosure;
- you would reasonably expect that ESA would use or disclose this information for the secondary purpose;
- it is required or authorised by Australian law;
- a permitted general situation exists (e.g. to lessen or prevent a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or safety); or
- it is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body.
ACCESSING, CORRECTING AND DELETING PERSONAL INFORMATION
ESA endeavours to ensure that the personal information that it holds is accurate, up-to-date, complete and relevant. If you want to know what, if any, personal information ESA hold about you, or wish to correct any personal information ESA may hold about you, you may access this information by contacting ESA via the Contact Us page on the Website or using the ESA contact information above.
ESA may allow access to, make your requested changes to or delete your personal information unless otherwise required or permitted by law. ESA will notify you of the basis for any denial of access to your personal information.
If you are listed on one or more of ESA’s subscriber email lists, you can opt out at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the subscriber emails.
When personal information is no longer required, ESA takes reasonable steps to de-identify, securely destroy or delete such personal information.
REMAINING ANONYMOUS OR USING A PSEUDONYM
Where it is not impractical or unlawful, you may interact with ESA without identifying yourself or using a pseudonym. However, if you do so, ESA may not be able to provide you with the most relevant information.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ESA takes reasonable steps to protect the personal information that it holds against misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure by utilising up-to-date electronic and physical security controls that comply with relevant industry standards and guidelines.
If you do not wish to use the internet to transmit personal information you can mail or telephone ESA using the contact information provided above.
Please note that if you use a link to a non-ESA web page, a different privacy and security statement will apply.
TRANSFERRING PERSONAL INFORMATION OVERSEAS
Personal information collected by ESA is stored in Australia and, unless stated is not disclosed, accessed or transferred to overseas recipients.